Create a new Computer Groups view by using the Navigation pane in the MOM Operator console.
Members of MOM Administrators and MOM Authors can create new views anywhere in an active view, Public Views, or My Views. Members of MOM Users can create a new view only in My Views.
You can create a new view in any existing folder, or create a new folder. To create a new folder, right-click an existing folder, point to New, and then click Folder.
To create a new Computer Groups view
- In the Navigation pane, click Computers and Groups, right-click the folder for the rule group where you want to create the view, point to New, and click Computer Groups View Computer Groups Viewto open the Create New - Computer Group Viewdialog box.
- In the list below Which type of computer group view do you want to create?, select the view that you want to create.
- The View descriptionlist is dynamically populated with criteria that correspond to your selection. Click Nextto continue.
- Depending on the computer group view that you selected, an additional dialog box is displayed. In the Which computer groups do you want to view?list, select the check box beside the description that qualifies which computer groups you want to view. Each enabled computer group automatically creates a hyperlink in the View description (click the underlined value to edit)viewing area.
- Click each link to open a dialog box to provide more information that is used to select the computer group. When finished entering this information, click OK. Click Nextto continue.
- In the View namebox, type a name. You can optionally type a description in the Descriptionbox.
- Click Finishto complete the creation of the view.
The procedure in the following example creates a new Computer Groups view based on computer groups with a specified name.
- In the Navigation pane, right-click the folder for the rule group where you want to create the view, point to New, and then click Computer Groups Viewto open the Create New - Computer Group Viewdialog box.
- Select Computer Groups that satisfy specified criteria,and click Next.
- In the Which computer groups do you want to view?list, select the with specified namecheck box.
- In the View description (click the underlined value to edit)viewing area, click specifiedto open a dialog box to specify the name.
- Type * Agents(The wildcard and text string will find the Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Agents computer group), and click OK. Click Nextto continue.
- In the View Namebox, type MyNewComputerGroup. In the Descriptionbox, type A sample Computer Group view, and then click Finish.