The available data for an Attributes view is displayed in the Results pane when you click the Attribute view name in the Navigation pane of the MOM Operator console. You can also click the attribute name in Public Viewsor My Viewsin the Navigation pane. Each row in the Results pane is a data instance generated for the view.
You can view attributes only from the Stateview. To switch to the Attributes view, in State view, right-click anywhere in the Results pane, click Viewon the pop-up menu, and then click Attributes.
By default, all of the data for all of the computer groups in the scope that you are using is displayed. For example, if you are logged on with an account that is a member of the Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) Administrator group, you will see all of the data for the MOM Administrator Scope. If you want to refine the selection of data in the Results pane, select a specific computer group in the MOM Administrator Scope from the Computer Grouplist, such as Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Agents. In addition to viewing Attributes view data you can:
The Attributes view displays the data by using a predetermined selection of elements (seen as column headings) that are organized in a predetermined order. You can sort the data in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title that you want to use as a sort criterion.
If you want to change the data elements that are displayed as columns, or their sequence, right-click anywhere in the Results pane, and click Personalize Viewto open the Personalize Viewdialog box.
The dialog box lists the Available columnsand the Displayed columns.
- To add an item to the columns that are displayed
- Select the item that you want in the Available columnslist, and then click Addto move it to the Displayed columnslist.
- To remove an item from the columns that are displayed
- Select the item in the Displayed columnslist, and then click Removeto move it to the Available columnslist.
- To change the order that columns are displayed
- Select the item in the Displayed columnslist and click Move Upor Move Downto move the item.
The following table summarizes the displayed column titles, or data fields, for an Attributes view. All available columns are displayed by default.
Displayed column Description Name Specifies the name of the attribute. Description Specifies what the attribute does. For example, the Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Agent collects MOM agent version information. Type Specifies the type, such as string or integer, of the attribute collected. Value Specifies the value of the attribute collected. Computer Name Specifies the name of the computer on which the attribute was collected. Computer Domain Specifies the domain to which the computer belongs. Time Specifies the date and time when the attribute was collected. The time is shown in the time zone of the local computer.
To see or change the Attribute view properties, right-click anywhere in the Results pane and click Attribute View Propertiesto open the Attribute View Propertiesdialog box. This dialog box has two tabs: Criteriaand General.
- This tab has two input areas, one for selecting attributes and one for specifying the corresponding descriptive parameters that are used to qualify the attribute. In the Which computer attributes do you want to view?list, select an attribute by clicking the check box beside the description that describes the attribute. When you select an attribute, a corresponding hyperlink is displayed in the View description (click the underlined value to edit)input area. Click the hyperlink to open a dialog box, and then provide the required information. The following table lists the available attributes and describes the associated information you are prompted to provide.
Attribute Required view description information collected in specified time period Click the link to open the Date and Time Loggeddialog box. Specify a time range or a time interval. with specified name Click the link to open the Attribute Namedialog box. Type a complete text string or use wildcards to search for an attribute name. collected from specified computer Click the link to open the Computer Namedialog box. Type a complete text string or use wildcards to provide the Domainand Computerinformation. of specified type Click the link to open the Attribute Typedialog box. Select the appropriate check box to identify the type of attribute. For example, IP Address, Integer, or String. with specified text in attribute description Click the link to open the Attribute Descriptiondialog box. Type a complete text string or use wildcards to find the attribute description.
- This tab has two input areas: View nameand Description. The description is optional. You can change the name or description by clicking the appropriate text box to delete or add text.Note
To view computer information, right-click an attribute row in the Results pane, and then select Computers.