Specify WMI numeric provider properties. For information about
the Microsoft WMI SDK, which includes a WMI object browser, see the
Microsoft Web site
msdn.microsoft.com. To monitor page faults for
the Microsoft® Operations Manager (MOM) service, you can create the
following WMI numeric providers:
|WMI Namespace to be searched
|Class of objects to be measured
|Object instance expression
|Numeric property to sample
|Text property to be instance
In this example, if you wanted to monitor page faults for all
services, you could leave the
Object instance expressionfield blank.
The fields are defined as follows:
- Specifies the WMI provider name.
WMI namespace to be searched
- Specifies the WMI namespace to which the class of the WMI
numeric data belongs.
NamespaceSpecifies a unit for grouping classes and
Class of objects to be measured
- Specifies the WMI class to which the numeric data belongs.
Classdefines the basic unit of management. Each class is a
template for a type of managed object. All instances of the type
use the template.
Object instance expression
- Specifies the instance to measure.
Instancescontain actual data. If you leave this field
blank, all instances of the object are collected. You can use the
same operators in this field as those used in the WMI
whereclause. For more information, see the Microsoft WMI
Numeric property to sample
- Specifies the numeric property to measure.
Text property to be instance
- Specifies the property of the object used to differentiate the
instance from other instances.
- Specifies how often to sample the WMI numeric data.