View, create, edit, and delete event rules in a rule group. When
Event Rulesin the Navigation pane, a table listing
all available event rules appears in the Detail pane.
The table contains the following information:
- Specifies the name of the rule.
- Indicates whether the rule is currently enabled.
- Specifies the event rule type, such as
- Specifies the name identifying a particular instance of a
provider that generates an event, such as
Windows Event Log.
- Specifies the type of information provider that generates the
event, such as
Windows Event Logor
- Specifies the Windows event source that matches this rule, such
Microsoft Exchange Serveror
Microsoft SQL Server™.
- Specifies the Windows event identification number that matches
- Specifies the event type, such as
Event Text Criteria
- Specifies the text-pattern matching expression for event text
for events matched by this rule.
- Indicates whether a rule match generates a response, and if so,
To create an event rule
- In the Navigation pane, right-click
Event Rules, and click
Create Event Rule.
To edit a rule
- In the detail pane, right-click a rule, and click
To delete a rule
- In the Detail pane, right-click a rule, and click