Use non-Microsoft paging applications to notify operators of a
detected condition. You can configure Microsoft Operations Manager
(MOM) 2005 to use an external command line to run software
that pages operators through a modem, rather than the SMTP e-mail
service. This external command is specified within the rule that
sends responses to the notification group to which the operator
You can specify whether to notify the operator by external
command, the operator ID for the operator, and when to notify the
operator by external command.
Notify this operator by external command
- Specify whether to run an external command to launch a
non-Microsoft paging application.
- Specify the text to use for an operator identification in
non-Microsoft application paging. This text is used for the
$Operator ID$ variable when defining a notification response for a
Always notify by external command
- Specify to notify the operator by external command 24 hours a
day, seven days a week.
Notify this operator by external command at the specified
- Select one of the following specified times to notify the
operator by external command :
Between ___ and ___
- Specify the start and stop time for when to notify the operator
by external command.
Sunday through Saturday
- Specify to notify the operator on the selected day of the