Use this page in the Install/Uninstall Agents Wizard to create or modify a rule that you use to discover computers.
This page contains the following options:
You can leave this field blank; however, it is recommended that you specify a domain name to expedite computer discovery. You can specify a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN), for example domain.corp.company.com, or you can specify a NetBIOS domain name. A NetBIOS name cannot exceed 15 characters.
- Computer name
- The default is equals. The search must match the computer name that you provide. The other options include contains substring, matches wild card, matches regular expression, and matches boolean regular expression.Note
You should use wildcards where possible instead of regular expressions. Creating computer discovery rules that use regular expressions to evaluate computer names will take significantly longer to complete. This can lead to poor performance on the Management Server because the MOM Service consumes more processor resources and memory during this type of discovery.
- Computer type
- The default is Servers and Clients. Select either Serversor Clientsfrom the list.
- Initial Management Mode
- The default is Agent-managed. Select Agentless managedor Unmanagedfrom the list.
- Apply query criteria to domain controllers.
- Click this check box to include domain controllers in rule.
- During computer discovery, contact each computer to verify that it exists.
- Click this check box to verify that the computer exists.