Testing an MPF Install
To test a Microsoft® Provisioning Framework (MPF) client prior to deployment, use the utility ProvTest.exe to submit sample XML requests to the provisioning engine. You can submit requests either locally or to a remote data center.
Any machine that submits requests must have the MPF administration tools and MPF client COM object. Any machine that receives requests must have these two components plus the MPF core components and any MPF providers called by the sample requests. For more information on installing these components, see System Requirements, Running Setup.exe, and Unattended Installations.
Submitting sample requests
To submit requests from the command line:
- Create a new folder to contain your testing files.
- Navigate to the \Program Files\Microsoft Provisioning Framework\Tools directory and copy ProvTest.exe to the new testing folder.
- Copy the new XML request to new test directory you created.
- Open a command-line prompt. To do this click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.
- On the command line, navigate to the the new test directory that you created, and then do one of the following:
- To submit a request locally, type ProvTest file name.xml, and then press Enter.
- To submit a request to a remote computer, type provtest /i:server /n:namespace /p:procedure file name.xml
- The ProvTest.exe utility submits your request to MPF. MPF will return the procedure's response (if any) to the command line. If errors occur, MPF returns them in the response.
Top of Page
© 1999-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.