[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Testing an MPF Install
To test a Microsoft® Provisioning
Framework (MPF) client prior to
deployment, use the utility ProvTest.exe to
submit sample XML requests to the provisioning engine. You
can submit requests either locally or to a remote data center.
Any machine that submits requests must have the MPF administration
tools and MPF client COM object.
Any machine that receives requests must have these two components
plus the MPF core components and any MPF providers called by
the sample requests. For more information on installing these
components, see System Requirements,
Setup.exe, and Unattended
Submitting sample requests
To submit requests from the command line:
- Create a new folder to contain your testing files.
- Navigate to the \Program Files\Microsoft Provisioning
Framework\Tools directory and copy ProvTest.exe to the new
- Copy the new XML request to new test directory you
- Open a command-line prompt. To do this click Start,
click Run, and then type cmd.
- On the command line, navigate to the the new test directory
that you created, and then do one of the following:
- To submit a request locally, type ProvTest file
name.xml, and then press Enter.
- To submit a request to a remote computer, type provtest
/i:server /n:namespace /p:procedure file name.xml
- The ProvTest.exe utility submits your request to MPF. MPF will
return the procedure's response (if any) to the command line. If
errors occur, MPF returns them in the response.