Creating a Performance Processing Rule
Performance processing rules define how Microsoft Operations
Manager 2000 (MOM) processes performance counter data.
To create a performance processing rule:
- Expand Microsoft Operations Manager (default) in the
- Expand Rules in the left pane.
- Expand Processing Rule Groups in the left pane.
- Expand the processing rule group to which you want to add a
performance processing rule. For information about creating a
processing rule group, see Creating a
Processing Rule Group.
- Click Performance Processing Rules in the left
- Click Action on the menu bar.
- Click one of the following items on the Action
- Sample Performance Data
- Specifies that MOM collects a numeric value from WMI
performance counters. You can graph this information.
- Compare Performance Data
- Specifies that MOM generates an alert when a performance
counter value crosses a defined threshold in either direction.
Threshold rules can also define a response.
- Follow the instructions until you have finished creating a
performance processing rule. For more information about the fields
on a window, click Help.