|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Deploying To and Capturing an Image of the Reference Computer Using Configuration Manager 2012
After the distribution points are updated, advertise the task sequence to the reference computer and start the reference computer with the bootable Windows PE image created earlier in the process. The task sequence created earlier will deploy the target operating system, device drivers, operating system packages, and applications to the reference computer, and then capture an image of the reference computer.
To deploy to and capture an image of the reference computer
1. Add the reference computer to the Configuration Manager 2012 site database as described in Manually Adding Computers to the Site Database in Configuration Manager 2012.
2. Create a collection that contains the reference computer as described in Managing Computer Collections in Configuration Manager 2012.
3. Deploy the task sequence to the reference computer as described in Managing Task Sequence Deployment in Configuration Manager 2012.
4. Create a task sequence bootable media disk by using the Task Sequence Media Wizard as described in Creating Task Sequence Bootable Media in Configuration Manager 2012.
5. Start the reference computer with the task sequence bootable media disk as described in Deploying an Operating System Using Task Sequence Bootable Media in Configuration Manager 2012.
6. Optionally, monitor the deployment process using the Monitoring node in the Deployment Workbench or using the Get-MDTMonitorData cmdlet.