|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Deploying Captured Images to Target Computers Using Configuration Manager 2012
The deployment of the captured images to the target computers is slightly different for each MDT deployment scenario using ZTI. Deploy the captured image of the reference computer to target computers for each respective deployment scenario in your organization.
To deploy the capture image of the reference computer to the target computers
1. Add the target computer to the Configuration Manager site database:
· Manually, as described in Manually Adding Computers to the Site Database in Configuration Manager 2012
· Automatically as described in the section, “How to Manage Unknown Computer Deployments in Configuration Manager,” in the Configuration Manager 2012 Documentation Library, which is installed with Configuration Manager 2012
2. Create a collection that contains the target computers as described in Managing Computer Collections in Configuration Manager 2012.
Note Create a collection for each MDT deployment scenario to be performed, and ensure that the collection includes the target computers requiring the corresponding deployment scenario.
3. Deploy the task sequence to the target computers as described in Managing Task Sequence Deployment in Configuration Manager 2012.
4. Provide a method for starting the target computers by doing any combination of the following:
· Create a task sequence bootable media disk using the Task Sequence Media Wizard as described in Creating Task Sequence Bootable Media in Configuration Manager 2012.
· Prepare Windows Deployment Services to start the appropriate Windows PE images that will in turn start the ZTI deployment process to the target computers as described in Preparing Windows Deployment Services for ZTI Deployments Using Configuration Manager 2012.
5. Deploy the captured reference computer image to the target computers for each deployment scenario as described in:
Depending on the target computers in your organization, any combination of deployments scenarios might be necessary. For more information about the MDT deployment scenarios, see Identifying Deployment Scenarios.
Performing ZTI Deployments Using
Configuration Manager 2012
Deploy Captured Images to Target Computers in the ZTI New Computer Deployment Scenario Using Configuration Manager 2012
Deploy Captured Images to Target Computers in the ZTI Refresh Computer Deployment Scenario Using Configuration Manager 2012
Deploy Captured Images to Target Computers in the Replace Computer Deployment Scenario Using Configuration Manager 2012