You can customize DaRT, and then save the customizations in LTI so that the deployed partitions that include DaRT are configured consistently. You can do this by creating a new DaRT recovery image that includes the configuration settings you desire, then copying the DartConfig.dat file from the newly configured DaRT recovery image to an LTI deployment share.
To customize DaRT when integrated with LTI
1. Install DaRT on the computer where you installed MDT.
2. Create a new DaRT recovery image using the DaRT Recovery Image Wizard.
While running the DaRT Recovery Image Wizard, make the configuration settings that you wish to have applied to your environment. Select to save the DaRT recovery image as an .iso file.
For more information about how to create a new DaRT recovery image for:
· DaRT 8, see the section, “Create the DaRT 8 Recovery Image,” in the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset Administrator's Guide, which is included with DaRT 8.
3. Extract the DartConfig.dat file from the .iso file created in the previous step.
4. Copy the DartConfig.dat file extracted in the previous step into the installation_folder\Templates folder (where installation_folder is the folder where you installed MDT) on the computer where you installed MDT.
5. Update the deployment share in the Deployment Workbench to create a LTI boot image that includes the customized DartConfig.dat file.
For more information about updating a deployment share, see Update a Deployment Share in the Deployment Workbench.