Install and configure the DHCP Server role on the target computer by modifying the Configure DHCP Server task sequence step type.
To configure and deploy the DHCP server role
1. Edit task_sequence_name (where task_sequence_name is the name of the task sequence to which you want to add the task sequence step) for:
· LTI as described in Configure the Task Sequence Properties Task Sequence Tab
· ZTI using Configuration Manager 2012 as described in Configuring ZTI Task Sequence Steps in Configuration Manager 2012
· ZTI using Configuration Manager 2007 R3 as described in Configuring ZTI Task Sequence Steps in Configuration Manager 2007 R3
2. Add a new task sequence step based on the Configure DHCP Server task sequence type for:
· LTI on the Task Sequence tab (In the task sequence hierarchy, click Add, click Roles, and then click Configure DHCP.)
· ZTI in the task sequence hierarchy (Click Add, click MDT, and then click Configure DHCP.)
3. On the Properties tab, type the relevant information in the following boxes:
· Name. The name by which the task will be identified in the task sequence list.
· Description. A description of the task (for example, DHCP scope information, scope names).
· Scope details. Details about the IP address the DHCP scopes configured.
· Server options. The options passed to DHCP clients (for example, default gateway, DNS server, and WINS server addresses).
4. Click OK.