|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Allow or Prevent Users from Entering Information in a Control on a Wizard Page
Each wizard page displayed by UDI Wizard either displays information about the UDI deployment process or collects information to be used in the UDI deployment process. Then wizard pages that collect information have one or more controls used to collect the information.
By default, all controls are enabled on all wizard pages. Using the UDI Wizard Designer, you can disable individual controls on each wizard page to prevent users from entering information using those controls. The UDI Wizard designer has button that displays the following status:
· Unlocked. This status indicates that the control is enabled and users can enter information using it.
· Locked. This status indicates that the control is disabled and users are unable to enter information using it.
Note If you disable (lock) a control, you must provide the information the control collected by configuring MDT properties in CustomSettings.ini or in the MDT DB. Otherwise, the UDI Wizard will not collect the necessary information, and the UDI deployment will fail.
To allow or prevent users from entering formation in a control on a wizard page using the UDI Wizard Designer
1. In the UDI Wizard Designer console, in the details pane, expand stage (where stage is the stage you want to customize).
2. In the details pane, click wizard_page (where wizard_page is the wizard page you want to remove).
3. In the details pane, on the Configure tab, expand section, go to control (where section is the section where the control is located and control is the control you want to allow or prevent users from entering information), and then click the corresponding button with one of the following status indicators:
· Unlocked. Clicking the button changes the status to Locked and prevents users from entering information in the control.
· Locked. Clicking the button changes the status to Unlocked and allows users to enter information in the control.
Tip Remember to save the UDI Wizard configuration file after making any changes.