|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Add the Device Driver Application to the Deployment Workbench
Each device driver application must first be imported into the Deployment Workbench.
Note Configure whether the application should is visible during deployment on the Properties dialog box of any application by selecting or clearing the Hide this application in the Deployment Wizard check box. Repeat this process for each device driver application used during deployment.
To add the device driver application to the Deployment Workbench
1. Download the device driver application, and save it to a temporary location.
2. Click Start, and then point to All Programs. Point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click Deployment Workbench.
3. In the Deployment Workbench console tree, go to Deployment Workbench/Deployment Shares/deployment_share/Applications (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share to configure).
4. In the Actions pane, click New Application.
The New Application Wizard starts.
5. On the Application Type page, click Application with source files, and then click Next.
6. On the Details page, type relevant details about the application, and then click Next.
7. On the Source page, in the Source directory section, click Browse to go to, and then click the directory that contains the device driver application source files. Click OK.
8. Click Next.
9. On the Destination page, type a name for the destination directory, and then click Next.
10. On the Command Details page, in the Command line section, type the command that allows silent installation of the device driver application.
11. On the Summary page, verify the settings are correct, and then click Next to import the device driver application into the Deployment Workbench.
12. On the Confirmation page, click Finish.
After the applications are imported into the Deployment Workbench, add them to the deployment process using the appropriate logic to ensure that the application installs only when running on the correct hardware. There are different methods for achieving this:
· Specify the device driver application as part of a deployment task sequence.
· Specify the device driver application in CustomSettings.ini.
· Specify the device driver application in the MDT DB.
Each approach is discussed in more detail in the following sections.