The Create New Protection Group Wizard guides you through the process of protecting your data. Protection group creation involves making a series of decisions about how you want to configure the group. These decisions include the following:
- Selecting the data you want to protect
- Selecting the type of protection method you want
- Specifying your recovery goals
- Allocating space on the storage pool for replicas and recovery
- Specifying library and tape details
- Specifying when and how replica creation will occur
- Specifying performance improvement methods
Throughout the protection group creation process, the wizard provides default options that you can override if you choose. If you have questions at any point in the process, click Help.
For guidelines for creating protection groups, in the DPM Planning Guide, see Planning Protection Groups (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=91849).