DPM supports recovery of system state through the Recovery Wizard. When you double-click System State on the Protected data pane in the wizard, DPM displays the recoverable system state data in the results pane.
To recover system state
In DPM Administrator Console, click Recovery on the navigation bar.
Browse or search for the data you want to recover, and then, in the results pane, select the data.
Available recovery points are indicated in bold on the calendar in the recovery points section. Select the bold date for the recovery point you want to recover.
In the Recoverable item pane, click to select the recoverable item you want to recover.
In the Actions pane, click Recover. DPM starts the Recovery Wizard.
Review your recovery selection, and click Next.
Specify the type of recovery you would like to perform:
- Copy to a network folder. Click Next, and on the
Specify Destination dialog box, click Browse to
select a destination for the database files. When you have selected
a destination, click OK.
- Copy to tape. This option copies the system state
database files to a tape in a DPM library. When you select this
option, click Next and, on the Specify Library dialog
box, select library details and tape options. You can compress or
encrypt data on this screen.
- Copy to a network folder. Click Next, and on the Specify Destination dialog box, click Browse to select a destination for the database files. When you have selected a destination, click OK.
After you have specified the type of recovery, click Next.
Specify your recovery options:
- Enable SAN based recovery using hardware snapshots.
Select this option to use SAN-based harware snapshots for quicker
This option is valid only when you have a SAN where hardware snapshot functionality is enabled, the SAN has the capability to creat a clone and to split a clone to make it writable, and the protected computer and the DPM server are connected to the same SAN.
- Notification. Click Send an e-mail when the recovery
completes, and specify the recipients. Separate the e-mail
addresses with commas.
- Enable SAN based recovery using hardware snapshots. Select this option to use SAN-based harware snapshots for quicker recovery.
After you have specified the recovery option, click Next.
Review your recovery settings, and click Recover.
Note Any synchronization job for the selected recovery item is canceled while the recovery is in progress.