This alert is generated when the specified tape library could not be contacted.
Review the alert details in Data Protection Manager (DPM) Administrator Console, determine why the tape library is not available, and take the appropriate action.
Possible causes for the alert include the following:
- The tape library is offline.
- The tape library is not working correctly.
- The tape library door is open, or the library is not ready.
- The tape is stuck in the autoloader. If this happens, the
entire library is disabled and all jobs will fail.
- A changer input-output-control (IOCTL) failure has occurred. If
this happens, the entire library is disabled and all jobs will
The error conditions and recommended actions associated with each “Library not available” alert are provided in the alert details.
- Ensure that the tape library is online and working
- Check for loose connections on data (SCSI) or the power
- Make sure the library is visible in Device Manager. To open
Device Manager, in Control Panel, click System, and then
click the Hardware tab. Click Device Manager to
display a list of devices recognized by Windows.
- Close the door on the library.
- If the tape is stuck in the autoloader, remove the tape. If the
tape cannot be removed, call a repair technician.
- When fixed, click the link in the alert to rerun the jobs.
Resolved when: If no protection group is associated with the library, when the record is removed; the library is visible in Device Manager; or the tape library door is closed.