This alert is generated when the drive for the tape library is not functioning. Library jobs might fail until the drive is repaired. This is a serious issue and might cause degradation of backup or any other library-related job performance and, in some cases, job failure.
Review the alert details in DPM Administrator Console, determine why the tape drive is not available, and take the appropriate action.
Possible causes for the alert include the following:
- The tape library drive is not turned on.
- The tape library drive is not operating correctly and needs
- Drive cleaning failed.
- The drive experienced an error such as a media error, a device
I/O error, or an input-output-control (IOCTL) error.
The error conditions and recommended actions associated with each “Library drive not functioning” alert are provided in the alert details.
Follow the recommendation in the alert, and retry the job.
- Ensure that the tape library drive is turned on.
- Change the cleaning tape and retry cleaning.
- Review drive allocations for different protection groups to see
whether these values need to change because one of the drives is no
- If the library drive needs servicing, call the repair
Resolved when: One of the following occurs: the record is removed; the tape library drive is turned on; the drive is remapped; the cleaning tape is changed and cleaning is retried; drive allocations are valid; or when the library drive is serviced.