Recovery points of protected data contain the same folder and file structures as the data sources, making it easy to browse to the data you want to recover. You can browse through the recovery points of each replica to find copies of the protected data. The Browse view displays the protected data as follows:
- Files: By volumes
- SQL Server: By SQL instance
- Exchange Server: By Exchange application name
- Windows SharePoint Services: By farms
The following tree elements are shown in the order of their appearance:
- Domain name. Multiple domain names can be shown.
- Protected Computer name. The name of the protected
- System state. Clicking on system state shows system
files that can be recovered. All files will be recovered together.
Clicking on any one of them selects all.
- Protected Exchange Servers. Clicking on the database
displays all mailboxes in the list view.
- Protected SQL Servers. The SQL instances are displayed.
Clicking on a SQL instance displays the recoverable databases.
- All protected shares. DPM displays all protected shares
that can be recovered.
- All protected volumes. DPM displays all protected
volumes that can be recovered.
For Exchange Server mailbox recovery, if you select Previous point in time on the Browse tab, you must select the database from the Protected data pane to display recoverable items correctly. If you select Latest, DPM returns the following error message and then starts the Recovery Wizard:
"You have chosen to recover 'Latest" recovery time. For the selected mailbox, the 'Latest' recover time is <time>. For mailbox recovery, the 'Latest' does not apply unsynchronized logs from the protected Exchange server."
To browse for recoverable data
In DPM Administrator Console, click Recovery on the navigation bar.
On the Browse tab, in the Protected data pane, expand and select computers, folders, and subfolders until you find the data you are looking for.
- As you select nodes in the browse pane on the left, the names
of the folders and files in that node are displayed in the
Recoverable item pane.
- If you protected shares, you can browse the recovery points in
either All Protected Shares or All Protected Volumes.
If you protected volumes, you can browse only for recovery points
in All Protected Volumes.
- As you select nodes in the browse pane on the left, the names of the folders and files in that node are displayed in the Recoverable item pane.
To browse for recoverable data using DPM Management Shell
Use the following syntax to browse for recoverable data:
Get-RecoverableItem [-RecoverableItem] <RecoverableObject> [-BrowseType] <BrowseType> [-Async] [-Tag <Object> ] [-Verbose] [-Debug] [-ErrorAction <ActionPreference> ] [-ErrorVariable <String> ] [-OutVariable <String> ] [-OutBuffer <Int32> ]
For more information, type "Get-Help Get-RecoverableItem -detailed" in DPM Management Shell.
For technical information, type "Get-Help Get-RecoverableItem -full" in DPM Management Shell.