Customizing event rules
HP event rules are predefined for immediate use
but can be easily customized to meet specific requirements. Event
rules are modified for some of the following reasons:
- Disabling or enabling a rule
- Changing the alert severity level
- Modifying data processing or alert
- Adding a custom response to selected
- Including environment-specific knowledge
To customize a rule:
- Double-click the rule entry to be edited
from the appropriate Event Processing Rules folder.
- Select Properties from the menu list.
For information on customizing MOM event rules,
see the MOM 2005 user documentation and help information.