ACT includes the following:
- Application Compatibility Manager
(ACM): A tool that you can use to create your data-collection
packages and analyze the collected inventory and compatibility
- Inventory-collector package: A
data-collection package that can be deployed to computers to gather
inventory data that will be uploaded to the ACT database.
- Runtime-analysis package: A
data-collection package that can be deployed to computers in a test
environment for compatibility testing on the new operating
- ACT Log Processing Service (LPS): A
service that is used to process the ACT log files uploaded from the
computers where your data-collection packages have been installed.
The service adds the information to your ACT database.
- ACT LPS share: A file share that is
accessed by the ACT LPS, to store the log files that will be
processed and added to the ACT database.
- ACT database: A Microsoft® SQL Server
database that stores the collected inventory and compatibility
data. You can use ACM to view the information stored in the ACT
- Microsoft Compatibility Exchange: A
web service that propagates application-compatibility issues.